Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sex Blogging: Don’t Get Banned From Adsense


How many of you remember the Hollywood actress Veronica Lake from the 1940s?  I didn’t think so.  I’m always talking about a blogger, or for that matter any word-content worker, trying to bring out his or her uniqueness.  A blogger or a wordsmith wants to stand out in some little way from all of the other millions of online wordsmiths.  Veronica Lake was known for her peek-a-boo hair style.  Her hair always covered one of her eyes.  In the 1940s, this was pretty original.  It helped to make Veronica Lake a big star.  The photo of her included for this article does not do true justice to her peek-a-boo hair style.  You hardly ever saw both of her eyes.
Early in my blogging career I wanted to be a big star, too.  I knew I was a pretty good wordsmith; but that didn’t make me stand out enough.  So, I thought I would publish adult material.  But my blog would be different.  My blog would not contain the usually poorly thrown together content.  To my blog I would bring all of my skills from years of being a wordsmith, from two degrees in the field and an ability to give an infinite amount of attention to detail.  My blog would not only excite the libido; it would also excite the mind.  In other words, it would be unique.
The hits started flowing in.  Readers started to click left and right on my Google ads.  My dream of big money began to come true.  Google warned me several times about my adult content.  But I couldn’t stop.  I was on my way to being a big time blogger.  Finally, it happened.  I lost my Adsense account.  In desperation I deleted my sex blog.  It was too late.  I was banned for life.
I find that sharing my own missteps may serve as a warning to other bloggers and wordsmiths.  This is why I have to stay with Yahoo! ads here at Triond.
I was very, very lucky.
Whatever happened to Veronica Lake?  She was popular during WWII.  Women in the war factories imitated her peek-a-boo hair style and this caused a dramatic increase in female workers getting injured on the job because they couldn’t see properly with all that hair in their faces.
Veronica Lake did the patriotic thing.  She cut her hair.  It was the end of her career.